Contested Financial Settlement (in Divorce)

Financial Remedy Proceedings

When divorcing it is most likely you will need some sort of Financial Remedy Order. If you cannot agree with your spouse how your assets are to be divided and any attempts at Family Mediation have failed. The next step is to either enter into voluntary financial disclosure and negotiations via your solicitor or make an application to the court for a Financial Remedy Order. During this process there will still be opportunities to settle your case by agreement however if this is not possible the court will, once an application has been made, ultimately decide “who gets what” in respect of your assets, savings, pensions, income etc.

As everyone’s situation is unique our Financial Remedy negotiations and court applications are charged at an hourly rate. Once you have an agreement you can then choose our fixed fee for preparing the financial remedy order and accompanying paperwork should you wish.

It is sometime possible to provide a fixed fee for the actual application, if this is what you’d prefer and you can ask our solicitors, after having an initial interview, to provide you with a bespoke fixed fee.